While shopping for school clothes we stumbled upon these beauties:
They are cute but the reason for this post is the great story that dates back 30 years. When Jeff was a wee lad his sisters Jen and Jill wore clogs just like these and whenever Jeff fell out of line or got on a nerve, wham, a clog to the shin (please remember that this is Jeff we are talking about and I"m sure that he egged them on to the nth degree). When we go shoe shopping and he sees a pair of shoes like these he literally flinches and locks up in the fetal position. Oh, was I tempted to buy these (too bad I'm such a cheap skate). Anyway, heres to you Jen and Jill, your love is forever imprinted on Jeffs shins!
5 comments:
oh abby. i had some of those in middle school. and i kicked my brother.
**incidentally, they will go great with the lime green skirt.
I used to have clogs too! I loved them. I especially loved to kick my annoying brother with them. I think that they could possibly be called a weapon!
How fun to go school shopping. Abby NEEDS them! I am glad Jeff has something to remember us by. Do they come small enough for Allison? She could already use them on her brother. ha ha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How I loved my clogs...just so I could kick Jeff in the shins, after all the torture he caused us! What a fun memory! :) Glad that he still remembers those quality moments!
I want to go shoe shopping with you guys! Can we go in December? Should have bought the clogs, they are darling!
If you really feel like kicking Jeff, (or the kids...did I write that?), you could just put your HUGE Holland clogs on and have at it! I'd do it!
Post a Comment