Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Horse Expo...

So a few weekends ago (yes, I am a horrible blogger, I am trying to be better) we went to the horse expo. Most people I know don't know what the horse expo is and up until Emily I didn't either... the horse expo showcases a bunch of different styles of horses and all the stuff that goes with owning a horse...an arena that Em could flourish in. Normally I would think snore city but it actually turned out to be quite fun.
This is Feika...a Friesan horse from.....(waiting for the drum roll)....Holland! He is the main reason we went, Jeff connected with him as you'll see in the little video.
Before you click play you need to know that this horse is not only from Holland but it knows Dutch. The owners met up with Jeff last year and they found out that he speaks Dutch. Well, the horse kinda freaks out a bit when it hears Dutch because that is its first language...they told us that when he likes someone or something it sticks its tongue out...watch....

I made him wash his hands...
Next we ran into the Clydesdales

my personal favorite


We then headed over to the kid section so that everyone could make their own stick horses...Em doesn't look to thrilled here...

But as soon as they set up the jumps she was off!
Abby and Beth just kept adding more and more yarn to the mane and forelock

So as much as I hated cowboys growing up I am now surrounding myself with them as an adult. Next I'll be wearing a buckle.


2 comments:

pamela said...

the horse whisperer is the best. i mean the dutch horse whisperer!

Jen and Daz said...

I love draught horses (Clydesdales)...they're so darn big. I just worked with a heap of horses on the mini series and we had some draughties on set...soooo beautiful. We should all go riding next time we get over there!!