Friday, June 5, 2009

Lies, Lies, Lies-they're gonna get cha....

This day sucks! Why is it that doing whats right feels so wrong? Emily cheated at school on a water bottle drawing...she was only supposed to put in 20 tickets with her name on them in the drawing pot, she put 30. She won the water bottle. When she told me about it I thought this a great character building moment so I made her tell her teacher that she cheated and she had to return the water bottle. We were both in tears. I hate that she is hurting and I keep wanted to drive by the school to see if she's okay. In fact I want to go to Target and buy her the same water bottle to make it all okay but I know that's not teaching her whats right. Is this how it feels to be a character building mom? Its for the birds! I hate that when our children hurt we as mothers hurt 10x worse. I'm going to go have myself a good cry and hopefully we'll make it through the day without a trip to Target.

1 comment:

pamela said...

oh jodi. what i sad story. but i think your a fabulous mom for following through!!