Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day #1....Eternal Flame Falls

We got an early start in order to catch our plane....(I had less than 3hrs of sleep so I was looking forward to the plane ride).
Off to NY!!!
Of course Garrett fell asleep before takeoff...
We arrived in Buffalo..starving and soooo tired (no sleep for mama yet)
and Rachel had cooked up the best dinner yet. Homemade Rosemary bread with pasta. Yum. Just as I was getting ready to crash with a full belly someone suggests going on a hike. What?
Well this is where they took us...Eternal Flame Falls (its a small hike they say)
The sun was starting to go down so darkness was upon us..
And here we are...
(by the way, it wasn't a small hike. My legs were sore for two days after)
Here is a little info about Eternal Flames Falls...

The Eternal Flame Falls is a small waterfall in the Shale Creek Preserve, a section of the Chestnut Ridge Park in New York. A small grotto at the waterfall's base emits natural gas, which can be lit to produce a small flame.
It was featured in the book Secret Places by Bruce Kershner.

Awesome place



1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I love that Lilly is in all your family pictures!