Wednesday, September 2, 2009

sigh....

I need some help...I must be going through a little bit of empty nest syndrome...as you can see I have blogged like three times in the last three days and that says so much. I am sad. My baby is gone half a day which really isn't much change from last years pre-school hours but as I was tying his DC shoes a thought hit me....next year it will be all day and I'm not ready to surrender him yet.
But thats not all that has me blue.
My sister just came to meet the birth mother of her new baby and whenever Rachel is around then gone we all feel the emptiness.
I am so happy for her but wish she didn't live so far away.
So you see...one minute my life is full and fast and event packed.
The next it feels a little empty and quiet.
I don't like a quiet house, my home is usually packed with kids.
I guess I'll have to get a job.
Or find a new author.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Tomorrow I will be an empty nester. Not looking forward to it!! It brings a tear to my eye actually. Jeremy was just saying the other day how great it would be to live by Jeff, because they would fish all of the time! I miss you guys too, it is hard to be away from family!!! I am looking for jobs for you and Jeff both, please come to Buffalo!! You know you want to! :)

pamela said...

if you ever get bored you can come get greta and snack on her legs.

Jen and Daz said...

I feel your pain sister about being away from family!!! Don't have the kids to be empty nesters just yet...but being away from family sucks at least I have the goat and the cows....what a great boobie prize

mmqt said...

Hey, don't you dare think of moving away!!! I would cut my wrists for sure! Talk about an empty nest....have your kids move
across the world! Hey, I know, lets have a pity party!!! On second thought, let's get together!

JOHNICA said...

Dude. It's party time!!! Movies at noon.. On a Tuesday?!?!? Next it's the spa. It'll all change when the triplets come. You'll be a full time employee at phelps management. Seriously jones it's the margarita glass half full.