Monday, January 4, 2010

Garrett Benjamin Jones is 6!


Okay, I'm a little late on posting this...cut me some slack, I've had Christmas and I was sooo busy trying to please every person so my house and my emotions were a'shambles. Sigh. Welcome to Martyrdom.... So, on with the post!!!


This is Garretts fabulous classroom celebrating him. Some may know that he's not a real big candy guy so when I asked him what he wanted to bring for a treat he said....pizza. They loved it!

And this is his party day. We decided to go see Santa vs. the Snowman at the Clark Planetarium. Now, any sane mother would know that with this many kids you'd need someone really good with them...so we invited Ms. Patten to go (actually it was her suggestion, she LOVES my gilly boy). I also figured that it would be a great party favor to have them party with their teacher (most of the kids were from Gillys class). Let me just say one thing about Jacqui Patten: she is an angel from heaven. I couldn't have done it without her. The most handsome 6 year old. I love this kid! There is no other like him, he opens doors for me, he tells me that I'm beautiful, he says he likes my cooking second best after my mothers and Jeff's moms potatoes and rolls (which would make me third favorite but, hey, he was 5 at the time), and he squishes my heart. His Birthday cake

(have you ever tried to find a dinosaur cake 5 days before Christmas and your rushing around because you forgot to order one? I don't recommend it. But I found one. At Smiths, or was it Target? Anyway, it had a Dino looking thing on it so that works).Our gift came on Sunday, his actual Birthday. Friday was his class party, Saturday was his friend party. Monday I was seeking tranquilizers. (just kidding)



Jeff showing him how to hold the clubs fit for a midget.
(we bought these before the Tiger scandal, not that it would have made a difference in getting them but I maybe could have got a discount).


You should see him carrying them around...they have these backpack straps on them so he can carry them when they go to the country club.


Please stop growing up Gill.
I love you, no matter what.




2 comments:

pamela said...

1. parties could be the end of me.
2. we love that garrett, but mostly when he does his own hair.
3. ms. patten is an angel! how fun of her to come.

cathy said...

i can't wait to see him swinging those clubs around!