We celebrated Abigails 11th Birthday on Wednesday. Every day for the last three weeks its been this: Abby, what do you want for your Birthday? Only to be met with a shrug and a smile. I searched online, shopped every store to find the perfect gift that wasn't crap or a stuff animal. Guess what? Couldn't find it till the Monday before when I awoke with a start at 2 AM.
So we got her lots of clothes, jewelry, and....
a docking station for her Ipod.
She loved it all and her favorite part was being checked out of school (before math) to get a manicure (and not have math homework that night) (the entire math thing came to me in a dream).
Emily has been in heaven for the last two nights...one night we ate at Applebees for Abby, the next night at Texas Roadhouse for Grandpa.
Both places serve ribs.
She is saving the bones to make a necklace.
Jeff is out racing his #1 love of his life: his road bike.
okay, I'll give him some credit, I don't REALLY feel this way but he is pretty much in love with his bike. I mean, he makes me scoot way over so he can bring it to bed.
And I am preparing to spend 4 days at the Ritz Carlton. No kids. Jeff in meetings half the day and a spa that I plan on visiting.
I'll admit....I kinda wanted to bring the kids.
What is wrong with me?
2 comments:
i'm glad you get some relax time, but we'll miss you.
Happy Birthday to Abby! Can't wait to see Emily's rib necklace and when are you going for four days? Lucky!!!
Post a Comment