Thursday, April 8, 2010

who wants to put two sticks on their feet and slide down a mountain side trying to go as fast as they can? Stupid Sport.

I have just enough energy to type this...after I hit "publish" I'm going to bed. With a heating pad.
Last night we decided to take the kids skiing. Abby politely declined and Em is in St. George so it was a Gilly day.
I'm not the greatest athlete.
My sport is being nice...
That being said, I was a little nervous on the way up the ski lift...its been a while since I've had to get off one with skis.
As Garretts anticipation to get off the lift went up, mine went down.
Who want to be the person who falls when they get off the lift?
Not I.
As we approach the crest I get my skis ready.
I can do this.
There are several 3 year olds zipping by, I can do this!!!
Jeff and Garrett hold hands and stand.
I get ready to stand.
I'm doing this!!!
2 feet later I have one ski under the fence and the other ski facing the mountain.
I see so many things in my line of vision: my toddler years up to this moment zooms in and out.
I hear the lift shut down.
OH NO!
I AM that person who shuts it down.
I look for the love of my life..my "better skier and athlete all around half"
He is trying like mad to not laugh as he is racing over to help me up.
the lift guy untangles my ski
Jeff pulls me up
I am bruised and beaten
but just my ego.
I can't look this guy in the face
I mumble something that sounds like "thankyouverymuch, my ski hit a crevice"
In all honesty, it was really slushy
After snowplowing with all the 3 year olds down the hill I decide that I'm done with this sport.
I'm putting my skis on ebay and I'm done.
And I will strive to get the MVP in one sport and one sport only...
Being Nice.

7 comments:

pamela said...

oh being nice is a way safer sport than skiing. i'm considering taking it up myself.

lisa said...

you are so brave to even attempt to ski. i hate the sport and never, EVER will attempt it again. Maybe I could work on being nice.....maybe.

Jen and Daz said...

Oh the memories that came flooding back of the one and only time I went skiing...and that was when I was 30! I am so glad that I am not the only one to stop the ski lift too! Thanks for joining the sisterhood and thanks for the laughs! I'll have to see if I have my ski photos here...if I'll do, I'll send them to you and you can laugh at me and realize that I suck worse than you! Love ya!!!

mmqt said...

Looking cute in the lodge with a good book and being nice is a much better way to go skiing! I tried it once also...sure wasn't my thing and I suffered with a sprained ankle for months after! You're among friends!

Heistermanfamily said...

Thanks for the laugh, that is hilarious!!! And... I think nice fits you well!

JOHNICA said...

i think that you made my day on thursday. the visuals i got were amazing. you are also good at another sport so i've heard but this is a family show so i won;'t mention it

JOHNICA said...

i think that you made my day on thursday. the visuals i got were amazing. you are also good at another sport so i've heard but this is a family show so i won;'t mention it