So I've promised myself that I won't talk about my health...ever. I hate it because I always feel as if I'm soliciting sympathy. If you ask I'll tell but you won't get much more than "I'm doing pretty good". Right before I married Jeff and I was at my worst some of the closest people to me told Jeff not to marry me because of my health and the burden it would be on him. Well, by hell I'm not going to let that be a factor in my marriage. I have a wonderful, sympathetic mother who I tell everything to as soon as I get a diagnosis and a fabulous husband who I don't even let come to my colonoscopys but has essentially given me something to laugh about which has been a main factor in the healing process. Plus he's Jeff, if you've not met him you won't get it but if you have you know that I'm just about the luckiest woman ever. Oh, plus he's hot.
The reason I'm posting about my health now is this: I'm getting old. I need to slow it down. This was told to me today by my Gastroenterologist (not the old part) because I have Whooping Cough (which is causing me to throw up, normally I could handle this but I'm on week 8. Sadly it hasn't helped my girth) and C Diff (an infection in my bowel from the antibiotics) and I have to up my Crohns meds to slow the flow.
I have always been a slow person..I like to take life in stride but this summer has kicked my butt. I'm poor, tired and sick.
In other words: I'm soliciting your sympathy.
6 comments:
i've always been sympathetic to you. i don't know how you do it - really. but yes, please take care of yourself, we need our regular jodi back. no pun intended.
You didn't look sick, poor, or tired yesterday! Maybe things can slow down a bit now that the kids will be going back to school? I would love to take you to your next colonoscopy! Good times! :)
Oh I hope you are feeling better soon. I can't believe it is whooping cough! Enjoy some of that red mango for me. It looks divine!
babygirl...let me nuzzle you inbetween my brasts and play with your hair. Seriously, school starts in less than a week. You will regain your strength when the shits* go back to school.
*Chelsea Handler "all kids are shits"
I love your shits
It didn't help having those to Orstraylians keeping you on the go. But those two Orstaylians loved spending time with you all and miss you all so much!
Post a Comment