Tuesday, September 7, 2010

camping


Remember this?
Well Lava was a little bit more of a step up this time. We had a camp site right by the rivers edge which was nice. We could people watch right from our tents.


Gil ended up sick on Friday, the day we left. Guess who slept with Gil to make sure he was ok? Guess who caught that sickness! Besides that the trip was a success...sort of. We had a blast tubing and making fires but because our neighbors were 3 feet away from us they tended to wake us up at the daily 4am wood chopping session.
Seriously
Who chops wood that early?
I was so exhausted from Gil breathing in my ear all night and being woke up from the lumber jacks that I failed to take any pictures.
Needless to say everyone left a day early.
I think in the back of everyones mind was a comfortable bed, showers, and a quiet night.
Jeff and I got a few minutes to ourselves as we headed to Fat Jacks (the closest thing to a Maui onion ring I've come across).  On our walk he asked if I liked this camping trip. My reply was this: "Um, I love being with the Wallies and Johnica but next time lets all go to the Ritz in Laguna Nigel. Remember those flowers?"

I am so done with camping. Its the dirty feet and itchy head. Michele made fun of me for bringing my straight iron.
And lastly my favorite quote from B. Beach
"why pretend like your homeless when you work hard all day to pay your mortgage?"
Amen Brother Beach. Amen.

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Wow, those flowers are amazing! Did you bring home any ticks?

pamela said...

bryan would so agree with you!!

and was my dad the one chopping wood at 4 a.m.? because he does things like that. early riser.

JOHNICA said...

dude, we will leave you home next time! (but you can pack me in your suitcase next time you go to the Ritz) :)

michele said...

Umm...you are staying home next time...party pooper!!!!