Monday, November 22, 2010

Dinner

Let me share something with you...I hate to cook. Whenever I put any energy into making something good it turns out that nobody likes it and then will request something like cereal or cheese and I have just spent half my day slaving over this dish only to have it grow mold in the fridge. I understand kids need to develop their sense of taste but its hurts when a box of food is asked for instead of something healthy and fresh. But if your trying to be a good mom you have to keep introducing healthy foods into their diet right? Exhausting. But worth it when something takes. Okay, so I'm not really creative and so that's why I don't really enjoy figuring out a great way to get the food pyramid in their little bodies every day. But this post isn't a complaint post. This post is for this: I made dinner tonight and even though its something easy, I made it and felt good enough to make it. It feels so good to do the simplest things for my family and not have to depend on someone else. So for the first time in a while I completely enjoyed cooking.
They could probably sense not to complain either.

No comments: