Tuesday, July 19, 2011

20 years of colonoscopies

August 4th. That is the date that I can't get out of my mind. I'm having my 40th colonoscopy. Normally I would celebrate that I've had this disease for 20 years and I'm coping. But August 4th is looming in my mind. I'm scared to death because I have to have anesthesia and we all know what happened last time I had anesthesia.
I have picked up the phone numerous times to cancel but a few years ago they found displasia or abnormal cells in my colon and I know I need to make sure they are not back.
If I wake up with another tube down my throat I'm asking you, one of my two readers, to please just pull the plug. I can't deal with that again. And whoever physically pulls the plug I gift you my beloved Kindle. That is the only thing of monetary value that I own. Well, there is my road bike but if your my friend you'll know that Jeff will need this for parts.
So raise your glass of Miralax, be thankful for your healthy colons.

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe you have had this for 20 years and I can't believe that it is your 40th colonoscopy!!!! We'll keep you in our prayers!

pamela said...

jodi, not even trying to be nerdy, i will pray and fast for you!! and pull the plug? never. i'd take jodi in any form i can get her!!

love you.

JOHNICA said...

diva