Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zions+Camping=Oh my gosh I actually liked it.

I live in a great neighborhood. Its the kind of place where you don't get judged if you don't drive the right car or like to throw outrageous parties that last until 8:30 (bedtime). I love my neighbors so much that we decided to go camping with them. Some people reading this will think that the last statement is a no biggie but I don't usually camp and I most definitely DON'T hike. In fact the last hike I went on was in 1995 when Jeff took me on a stage 4 hike where I almost killed my brother (on accident) and Jeff (on purpose)...

That's me hiking in the bottom left corner



 These kids were awesome. I like the smiles they showed us after getting to the Emerald pools in 100 degree weather.


As a lad Jeff would spend entire vacations at his family cabin making small streams and rivers...Guess what Gilly started doing right away? 

One of my favorite pictures. I can see his dad in his face and actions so much. I hope that he turns out just like him (in other words I hope I haven't ruined him a little).
Here we all are after a great hike.....


And here we are at the Weeping Wall (which is different from the Wailing Wall. I wondered why I didn't see any Jews which was the only reason I walked up that hill. I love Jews). 

What you people are missing here is the picture of me hiking the narrows. If you don't know what the narrows are you either just came out of a coma that started in the late 1980's or your just not hiker savvy like myself. It is a semi-narrow canyon/river that you walk up. In the map guide it is marked "strenuous". That didn't scare me off suckas! I did it! I hiked in ice cold water that went up to my boobie line! I was feeling like an extreme sportsman and was fantasizing about my next adventure of skydiving or paragliding. Then I looked over at my hiking buddy who was by my side the entire time. He is 3.

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Love these pictures! I am a little shocked! So glad you went and had a great time!

Jen and Daz said...

Way to go Jod! I have always wanted to do the Narrows!!! You beat me to it! Looks like you had a fabulous time! You go girl!

jodi said...

wait...you haven't hiked the Narrows Jen? We are so going. Please! Its so much fun.

Jen and Daz said...

You're on Jod, let's make a date...Narrows here we come! :)