Since spring Jeff has been talking to the kids about going on a fabulous hike. It starts at the top of Bountiful peak and goes all the way down the mountain to Parish Lane in Centerville. I always listened half-heartedly because I don't love to hike. Well, summer passes and we enter fall. The leaves are turning and the topic of conversation turns to "the hike" again. Only this time I'm listening a little more because I don't want to be the party pooper mom. UEA comes and its decided that Jeff will take a day off work.
I think...somebody needs to stay home with Abby (who shares my love of hiking) only Abby has arranged to spend the day with her cousin.
Here we are starting out:
Jeff and Gil throwing rocks
Proof that I did the entire thing...all 6 miles, 3.5 hours
At one point in the hike Garrett and I were behind Jeff and Emily. Jeff (being Jeff) decided to hide in some scrub oak and scare us...before I tell you what happened, keep in mind that Garrett is deathly terrified of Big Foot. We would walk through some Junipers and Jeff would say, "Do you smell that? It smells like Big Foot.." Mean. Well, after Jeff and Em jumped out at us Garrett started shaking so bad his poor little legs couldn't take it and we had to sit down for about 15 minutes before he calmed down enough to stand. I am writing about this so Jeff will remember why he has to be in therapy 10 years from now.
Even though the next day Em, Gil, and I had sore legs (Jeff was fine) it was worth it.
4 comments:
that hike looks beautiful!!!
Gorgeous photos! Love the bottom picture! I miss our Utah family and the mountains terribly!!!!!
Way to go Jod!!! You are becoming quite the outdoors enthusiast! Wish we could have been there to join you on the hike! I totally know how G feels about being teased...at least he only has one thing to talk about in therapy, mine is a long long list thanks to my brother! :) Love you guys!!!
Jen..I will join you. He jumped out at me in his Gorilla costume last night at 9pm. Its not funny.
Post a Comment