Monday, October 22, 2007

Dinner at the Jones'

I actually caught Em doing this with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (ick) Dinner at our house is always a struggle....for my children that is. If it is not a complex carbohydrate with spray butter they don't like it. Tonight for example....we had roast.
My three favorite complaints, right after one another were these...
1. The cauliflower is too juicy, you know, wet (Abby)
2. The meat is just too meaty (Em)
3. I don't like it (Gill, but thats what he says at every meal)
Now I can take criticism, especially about my food because its a work in progress, a talent I am constantly working on but sometimes I just want to grab the loaf of white bread, put spray butter on it and call it a day. Then Jeff and I will go to Cafe Rio.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Don't you love to cook when that happens. At least you can give them Granny Sycamore bread and spray butter. I love Em spraying it right into her mouth! Can't wait to see you all in 12 days.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

OK, I am missing Mexican food! They don't have it out here.
That picture cracks me up of Emily spraying the butter in her mouth!

Jen and Daz said...

I burst out laughing when I saw the picture of Em and the spray butter! How I miss spray butter! But I miss Em and you all more! :) I'm impressed you try to feed your kids cauliflower. What are our meals going to be like in California??? CAN YOU SAY 24 DAYS?!?!?!?! Can't wait!!! Love you all!!!

pamela said...

i wished i lived at your house to see this madness firsthand.

you're leaving? when? why?

pamela said...

are you leaving to go for thanksgiving, early?

cathy said...

I think that we should let the kids fend for themselves and all go to diner together!!

Jack's Handler said...

No, Cathy! Let the Husbands ANNND Children fend for themselves and we will all go the the Spa and then DINNER!

Dazmania said...

One of the greatest things to come out of America...besides The Beach Boys..Airsoft Guns...paintball guns...Real Guns...the Jones family...Jerry Bruckheimer...and Detox clinics is SPRAAAAY BUTTERRRRRRR....in the words of the great orator Homer J Simpson.."MMMMMMMM Sprayyyy butterrrr"...just load me up and point me down under!

Come to think of it....we have a 1 poofteenth of a bottle left....bye bye...its butter time!