Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Becker Farms

One of my most favorite spots was Becker Farms. We went to pick blueberries and raspberries. Now, you may not think this would be a highlight but the berries were so good and fresh. We probably ate more than we bought and we bought quite a bit...
Here is Garrett peering through the blueberry bush

Abby picking


And Em judging if these ones were ripe enough

This is my mom with the kids and their many bags of Blueberries. I was holding/snarfing the raspberries. Later that night we made homemade berry ice cream.


I was so excited about this jaunt that as soon as I got home I started this project:


Fruit Leather!
Don't ask cause I won't share.


6 comments:

pamela said...

oh jodi. perhaps my favorite post yet. berry picking.

Jen and Daz said...

You mean you won't even send some fruit leather to Australia???? How rude! :) Just kidding. If you sent it- it wouldn't get through customs...darn those customs laws. So you better just eat a few for me...sorry about the diahorria. :)hehehe

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Yummy! I love fruit leather!

JOHNICA said...

jodi + fruit leather = bathroom

Jill said...

I just want to know if it will be gone in three weeks when I come to visit? I might just have to do something drastic to steal a few!

Heidi said...

I saw apricots for sale a few days ago and could not help but think about you and fruit leather!