Friday, October 23, 2009

Raking for hire

I am proud of my kids. Today Emily's friend Sadie came for a surprise visit from Idaho. After a joy filled 30 minutes they decided that they were bored and came to me asking what to do. I responded by telling them to go rake leaves (I was somewhat joking). They leave the house.
They come back in and ask if they can charge a dollar to do it. I say yes and the next thing I know they are going door to door asking all the neighbors if they need help.
I am glad that they aren't just plunking down if front of the TV.
I am glad that they are learning how to market themselves.
I am glad that they are raising their own money.
And lastly, I am glad that I don't have to rake.
I hate raking.
Now, off to the dollar store because its burning a hole in their pocket....

1 comment:

pamela said...

i was quite impressed with her - she is very brave.