Friday, November 13, 2009

Emily Claire Jones + Swine Flu = Crazy Mother

So a few weeks ago Emily came down with the Swine Flu. It was one week of misery for her and myself. I hate when my kids get sick, I mean who doesn't? So we set up camp in my room and she pretty much watched Animal Planet and Discovery Kids for 7 days. Let me tell you that by day 7 I'd had enough of that damn Croc Hunter.This picture above is of her bed head that just happened to be positioned like horns. This kid gets the worst bed head. This picture needs a little history. I have to have my bed made each day. Its the only OCD trait that I have. Even on days when I'm sick I get out of bed, make it, then get back in. There is just something about an unmade bed that I can't take, its like a nervous tick takes over when its not done. Unfortunately I couldn't get Em out of bed long enough to make it so I just had to make it with her in. Maybe a little cruel because her temperature was hot enough to fry her brain but at least I wasn't walking around with a tick.
Finally, her temperature is stable enough that I'm comfortable with her sleeping in her own bed. I love that she drifted off in the middle of reading.


Sidenote: Even though she was sick she insisted on entering the art contest at school. Can you guess what she drew?
A Black Fresian horse....
the surprise is that she won a trophy and gets to compete at the next level. Way to go Em! I will admit....she practices her horse drawings quite a bit.




5 comments:

pamela said...

poor em! but, she seems fine now.

**and i agree about made beds.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Sheesh Reflections now THIS? Way to go Em! Hope she is feeling better!

jodi said...

ray..it was Reflections...same thing.

Jen and Daz said...

How can you not just love her?!?!?! So glad she is feeling better! Love love love you all!

michele said...

Jo,
So sorry Em was so sick. SO HAPPY you have an OCD trait!! WE do have one thing in common!!