Sunday, December 6, 2009

ahhhh...the beach


Since I'm watching the snow fall and freezing my jibblets I decided to post about Sunny California. Our trip was fantastic. Jeff and the kids came home with tan lines (not so much for me, I had 3 books to read. Now do you see why I'm not the fun parent?)

So here we are at Newport Beach. Its on Emily and Gilly's top places to go. I happen to love it too because I get a huge kick out of them finding creatures and begging me to let them keep them. Some things include:
three dead lobsters
numerous hermit crabs
sea cucumbers
sea anemones
sea snails
tons of seashells
(its a state park so you can't take anything out which is why we sneak them in our pockets)


Abby here wouldn't touch anything at first. She didn't want to get her feet wet..
That apple didn't fall far from the tree
I finally convinced her that its okay to get her feet wet and explore
but she still wouldn't touch the dead lobster.




This was probably the coolest thing I've seen so far...Its a sea anemone eating a lobster tail.

Also notice the little hermit crabs. I love tide pools.



And here is Emily holding up some of her goods.
She actually found a midsize conch shell.
She named it chonchy and takes it everywhere she goes.



ahhhh well, I guess I'll go shovel some snow now.
sigh


4 comments:

Rachel said...

WOw! My boys would love to see the dead lobsters! Lilly not so much, her and Abby could go and hang out.

pamela said...

it looks SO fun!! why didn't you post about disneyland and how fun it was?

your kids are SO brave.

jodi said...

sister beach..disneyland is next.

Jen and Daz said...

You totally need to come visit us in Australia!!! We live 5 minutes from heaven like this!!! HINT HINT HINT