With all the crazy events happening in my life I've stopped to notice the small things.
Like Emily showing her dog Molly the shirt I made with a picture of Molly on it. I don't think she'll ever take that shirt off.
Garrett's joy at me arranging for him to be babysat by Trenton and Austin for a few hours this afternoon. I've never seen him so excited.
And Abby's excitement at wearing a new outfit today.
All of these things would have happened regardless of my circumstances but because someone near and dear to me has died those reactions of my children are what keep me going.
Now I know that when I feel numb inside my hearts starts to melt with my kids smallest joy.
2 comments:
love you. those kids are sweet and so are you.its good you have them to keep you going.
Toad I'm so sorry! I have tried calling, but haven't got you. Good luck today with the funeral, we will be thinking of you. Love you!
Post a Comment