Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The end of an era.....


so we all know the story of Brownie/survivor the cow:

If you don't remember he is the only survivor of the eight cows that died when Dip and Dot decided to be farmers. THE ONLY ONE OF EIGHT. Sadly, they were just the beginning of the story, "Death on a Farm". Well, Dip and Dot, aka: John and Jeff, sold the entire farm, Brownie included. The farm is no more. In fact, Brownie is probably sitting in someones stomach right now (unbeknownst to Emily who thinks he is alive and well on another farm. We had to tell her that when we got a call from her teacher because she had been crying all morning. When I asked her about it she said that she was looking at the encyclopedia under "C" and came across cattle and it made her so sad. So I told her that he was still alive so that I wouldn't have to pay a psychologist in 10 years. Yes, I'm a bad mom for lying to my kids.)

On the flip side of the coin we now have her pup living with us who I tried to bathe to get the cow patty smell out of.

It was not a pretty sight and I'm terribly sore today (plus she still smells).

She's never seen the inside of a house before let alone a bathtub.

So farewell farm.

It made for some good stories.

But I don't think I'll miss it much.


1 comment:

pamela said...

well, the two times i visited were pure bliss. i'll miss it.