Thursday, December 9, 2010
Latest Update
Okay, I know y'all are sick of hearing me talk about this so this will be my last post on "the tragic event that changed my life". It will always be with me but I don't want to be one of those people who can't move on and talk about other things. Last week I went to visit my surgeon. He cried. Just a little bit but still, to see your surgeon cry (they are robots) and hug me while he tells me that he didn't think I was going to make it really moved me. A little more to the story.....After the nurse walked in on me turning blue they called the code and the ER doc pushed Narcan (a drug that reverses narcotic). Usually one dose is needed. Sidenote: I recall being in the ER once when a Heroin addict was brought in on an overdose. They pushed Narcan and the addict raged because his high was ruined. So you see, Narcan is very affective. They pushed Narcan THREE times and I didn't respond so what that tells me is that it wasn't from too much Morphine or from Anesthesia. After that they put me on the vent and you all know the rest of the story. I am so grateful that I am alive and my brain isn't damaged. I am moved by the love and support of my family. I hold my kids just a little bit tighter and there are no words to explain how I feel about Jeff. I was telling my mom how tired my body gets just from doing everyday simple stuff and then I said, "I wish I would've been this tired in the hospital". She laughed and said, "ME too!" She stayed with me on one of my crazy nights when they couldn't keep me in bed. There is something funny about my 65 year old mom trying to keep me from pulling my catheter and trying to talk me out of calling everyone at 3 am. I always imagined the roles being reversed at this stage of my life. I'll start posting pictures and stories of my kids now so that my readership will increase again. Hopefully. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i don't know jodi, i don't think you need to move on just yet. i think you are meant to think about this awhile! pondering the greatness of your husband and kids? nothing to be rushed in that.
love you peach.
Oh man, such a scary time for you! I don't think you need to move on quite yet either. What happened to you is a huge deal and will take lots of time to heal. We love you so much and are so glad that you are still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Events like these forever change your life and how you see things.
Post a Comment