This New Years Eve we had a great time. We pulled out the Raclette (I didn't get pictures of that because I kind of forgot to get the camera out). We then progressed to some New Years activities. The kids picked out some dinosaurs to dig out. They were intent on staying up till midnight. I was intent on turning the clocks back 2 hours because I didn't want to deal with ornery kids the next day.
We thankfully had Sadie with us
Gil working on his T-Rex
They found some rubber gloves so they wouldn't get their hands dirty
At 11:30 (9:30) we went out and lit sparklers
Blew the air horn
lit more sparklers
and had hot chocolate afterward thanks to my new hot chocolate maker
Happy 2011
The greatest part of the night was when we tricked the kids that it was really midnight....there was a car commercial on with a times square ball dropping. We yelled "Look! the ball is dropping!" and quickly averted their attention so they wouldn't notice that it was a commercial. I was snuggly tucked into bed with my book by the time the real 12:00 rolled around. I know it won't always be this easy.
1 comment:
looks so fun! you guys always do the best things.
Post a Comment