Tuesday, March 15, 2011

broken foot and the circle of life

Today started out great: a funeral. I know your probably thinking that's not a great way to start your day and I'm going to say that you don't know my family. Being around my grandma Lona was like being wrapped up in a big cozy blanket on a cold, wintery day. Only she was a blanket with beautiful blue eyes. My grandma died some time ago, today's funeral was her sister. She came from a pretty big family so seeing all her siblings kind of stops you in your tracks. Well during the funeral I leaned over and told my sister how my friend directs the music in church and uses a wand with a pointer finger and if your not singing she'll point at you. Which is kinda funny but during a funeral it was the one liner that cracked us up. I should do stand up at funerals. Any joke (as long as its tasteful) goes over well cause you need a tension breaker. So here I am rambling and I'm not even to the good part of the story. Emily.
Emily didn't really have anything to do with the funeral but when you have been to a funeral your day is kind of messed up because you don't get your nap are thinking of the circle of life and all. Plus is it normal during funerals to plan your own? My sister and I made a pact to make sure each others is closed casket. I told her I'm going to bury her with her running shoes on and nothing else if she dies first. I'm passive aggressive like that, make sure your on my good side. Plus I wonder what embalming fluid does to your boobs cause mine are looking like warm jell-o at this point in my life. If I could put some embalming fluid in my boobs it might just make them less jell-oey.  On that subject I bought a new bra and they accidentally gave me a push up one. 5 words: warm jell-o on a shelf. Its not a sight to see.  Sorry, back to Emily.....


Em gets home and is hopping on one foot and says we need to have a private conversation.
She rips off her shoe to show me a swollen foot.
Someone pushed her she says ( I don't know why it needs to be private)
We rush into get it xa-rayed.
It has a small break.
Now she is walking around like a pirate in her walking boot.
She loves every second of it though.
Yes, the pictures are coming soon.
Can someone show me how to work this blasted camera?





4 comments:

Rachel said...

You are hysterical, and you say that you lost your funny? PICTURES LADY!

pamela said...

oh wow. laughing out loud and snorting here. the world needs more jodi's.

Unknown said...

So, remember we promised closed casket... You can burry me necked, in my running shoes, but you promised to close the casket. Plus, when you tip it over, on accident, it won't open and give my poor family a fright. Loved yesterday.

Unknown said...

Chad is really Michele. Don't burry Chad necked. He'll be in biking bibs.