Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nine more days

Actual conversation between me and Em (she was sitting on the pot)

Em: MOM!
(I rushed in, she sounded urgent)
Me: What is it?
Em: Mom, there is nine more days until a fire drill.
Me: How do you know that?
Em: I counted on the Feb calendar (she has a huge fear of fire drills)
Me: Well, your doing really great, last time you didn't cry and ball up on the floor! Thats good, lets focus on keeping it positive.
Em: okay....
Me: Whats something good you think about when the fire drill goes off?
Em: well, I really like to be the last in line because then I can run.
Me: see, thats great. Why do you like to run?
Em: Because I like to flex my legs. They look good when I flex.
see note


special note: In High school Jeff got "best legs" and to this day he walks around the house flexing them, and to his credit, he does have very great legs. I think I'm going to be in trouble with this kid.

4 comments:

cathy said...

there is nothing better than having a serious conversation on the pot, a great place to think!! Em, flex those legs!!!

pamela said...

best legs, how lucky. that is a title i will never ever win. em is lucky. i agree. fire drills are unnerving.

Jen and Daz said...

Em totally cracks me up! Gosh how can anyone not love her?!?!?!? She is her father's daughter!!Jill and I were always jealous of that stupid best legs award! :)

Jen and Daz said...

I used to get told I had a great butt...butt then age and gravity gets a hold of you....so enjoy your "best legs" Jeffro ma boy!!! And Em.......oh she is just too darn adorable.....can you clone her? Daz