Friday, April 29, 2011

I don't know what to title this post

So when we went to California we stayed with some dear friends of ours...the Bensons. Sandi is an amazing person...she has 14 15 children,  most adopted, 5 have special needs. You would think that their house would be a chaotic zoo right? Wrong. It is beautifully kept and the kids are so respectful and kind. Its fun too because even with my family there we are the minority race. I love that! The only problem is every time we leave I nag Jeff to let me adopt. There are so many reasons I want another boy but I know I can't do a baby. I don't do well without uninterupted sleep. With Crohns disease if you get stressed, you poop. Me without sleep = stress. After much discussion and deep pondering I realized that because of my Crohns I can't mentally and physically take on a baby. And after listening to Sandi (who has owned an adoption agency) you need to adopt a baby vs. toddler. She also advised us that we would need more than one because how would you feel if you were the only white kid in an all black family. Outnumbered. There is no way I could do 5 kids. I know my limits. I wish I had it in me to mother more but I know I don't. I'm spent NOW. So for now we will just have to love on other peoples babies. Here are some pictures from our time with them....





another thing that was so nice is that my kids had someone to play with at all times!

I can't say that I had a favorite but this trip I bonded with Parker, Jeff with Ellie. 

 Parker LOVES to sing and dance and he doesn't love pants. I could just sit and watch him all day. He is the reason I started begging Jeff to adopt.
And then there is Ty. This kid had my heart from day one.


 The entire drive to California Garrett kept asking, "Are we almost to Shaylee's house?". I honestly have to say that their house if funner than an amusement park.

Thanks for having us Bensons!

3 comments:

pamela said...

They look like a super great family.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Wow 14 kids!!!! She must be one patient momma!

Sandi said...

Well, I am not as patient as you think I am.

Right this minute I am listening to a full blown fit, thrown by Parker of course. I am ready to send him your way, but let me tell you, you will be pooping by Friday. This kid is HARD!!

And, I have FIFTEEN kids, but I forget one or two of them all the time too!

Please come again. Tell Gilly, Shaylee will be home on Friday. I have her until August 7th. Please come back!