So I have a few friends that have music on their blogs. Okay, no biggie. But after a few times pulling up blogs and having the music blare at me it started to kind of irritate me. I gave my BFF a little grief over this but then I pulled up her blog and it was the sweetest entry and to go along with it there was a song that really added some emotion to it, yeah I was touched. So I spent the majority of my day making a play list and I had a wonderful, fun time thinking of all this music that just goes along with my life. You see, I can mark periods of my life with music, as probably most people do, and it was fun flashing back to the days where Heidi Cottle and I would be waiting for a patient to come out of surgery (at the ugly hour of 3am) and we'd listen to Dave Matthews and laugh about putting the wrong dentures in someones mouth after surgery. Or the time when I worked at South Davis Community Hospital and met some of the funniest people I know who introduced me to Radiohead and Ben Folds Five. There are songs that remind me of Jeff and the concerts we used to go to before we had kids(Beck and U2), songs that we would hear over in Europe driving through Belgium while I tried to read the map (Will Smith..eeek), songs that remind me of Tonya driving with JT blasting out of her van, songs that remind me of my kids. And there are songs that just simply speak volumes to me. So if the music bugs, just hit pause and you can still read along or you can be brave and listen.
j
4 comments:
I love your choice is music! Didn't realize that we have similiar tastes! I will hear different songs and relate them to memories that I have, it always makes me smile!!!
we're big ben folds fans. i love music. good selection!
pam have you ever seen them in concert (before they broke up that is)? Ben plays his panio with his feet! its so cool!
Copy cat. :P
Post a Comment