With all that goes on each day I only get a few golden conversation moments with my children. One of these happened this evening as we were driving home from a grand celebration at Chuck-a-rama. It was Jeffs grandfathers 90th birthday and what is any birthday celebration without the Chuck-a-rama. Sidenote: I have been spending way to much time at these fine dining establishments....besides the forementioned buffet we have gone to Golden Corrall and Sizzler ( in fact I have to drive a detoured route to avoid going past Sizzler because Gilly falls apart if we don't go) a few times in the past month or so. Anyway, back to the golden conversation.....So we are driving home and Emily (who has acid reflux) asks me if everyone throws up when they get pregnant. A little bell is ringing slightly in my head. And I respond to her question with a "mmmm.... yeah I think so". She then tells me thats why she thinks she has a little bit of throw up that comes up her throat (this coming from the child who earlier couldn't poo at the restaurant because the toilet was facing the wrong direction). The little bell is now blaring its shrill warning. I then have to lead the conversation into ground unexplored at this point (because Abby has never asked) telling her about how you have to have a period before you have a baby and the golden conversation is turning not so golden as she asks what a period is and how a baby is made. She then asks me the question all parents fear:
"HOW DOES THE SPERM GET TO THE EGG?"
At that I turned the radio station to her favorite country music and said:
"you just have to put it there"
then I turned the radio up really loud.
"HOW DOES THE SPERM GET TO THE EGG?"
At that I turned the radio station to her favorite country music and said:
"you just have to put it there"
then I turned the radio up really loud.
7 comments:
I have one word for you: CHICKEN.
this made me laugh out loud and cover my eyes. nothing has made me more happy today than reading this. i LOVE your approach....
ok and i'm sorry but i can't even imagine eating at those places because i hate them so much!! why do old people love them?
and what funny thing does garret get? cubed ham?? it's way too early for me to be laughing this much.
yes it is cubed ham but he only like Sizzlers cubed ham. Last night all he ate was boiled eggs and a roll, Abby had a scone and olives, and Em had sunflower seeds. And that contitutes dinner, they are making a killing on us.
just do what I did and let Austin H. teach her about the birds and the bees!!!
Jo, my dear sister, you give them as little info as possible. I think you my have a problem on your hands come Monday morning recess. I think I was in the third grade when Jody Anderson told me too many details on the merry-go-round. I was very scarred after that day. Good luck in the principal's office on Monday afternoon!
Send her on over and I'll let Austin teach her everything a girl needs to know! Oh yea and Kate could put in her 2 cents worth too.
Post a Comment