Monday, November 12, 2007

Faker!

So this morning rolls around and Em wakes up acting very lethargic with no appetite. She is complaining of a sore throat and says she just doesn't feel good. I did what any mother would do, I called her school and told them that she would be staying home today due to a sore throat. I believed her because Gilly and I have had a bit of a cold lately so its logical to think that maybe she had caught the bug. Yeah the jokes on me....
I told her that we couldn't go horse back riding tomorrow if is she was sick. The next thing out of her mouth was this "oh, I'm not really sick mom, I just needed a break from school. Now, can we go visit Nito (the horse) after we drop Gilly off at school?" (since its early out all week I'm not going to march her into school, besides, who doesn't need a day off every once in a while right?)

3 comments:

Jack's Handler said...

According to my husband, I take every day off. I guess I should get back to work. Duty calls...

pamela said...

you are a nice mom! note: you can get that wall mounted fish bowl on amazon.

Jack's Handler said...

You know what I am thinking.... I am just not going to say it here.

Suffice to say- the apple doesn't all far from the tree.