Saturday, November 3, 2007

tagged

okay, I was tagged. Yipee! Now you get to read 7 things about me that you probably already know.

1. I am a 16year survivor of Crohns disease. Survivor is putting it boldly because not many people die from Crohns but trust me, I feel like slitting my wrists every morning. What is Crohns disease you might say...well my immune system gets its signals mixed up and attacks my colon causing ulcerations throughout my digestive track. I won't go into detail about what those ulcerations do but a song comes to mind from my childhood days when we would go up to the library and put marbles in our pants and dance to the BeeGees singing....Diarrhea ptttt ptttt! There is no cure but reduced stress helps.
2. I am an avid reader. I love love love books. If I could picture the perfect day it would involve a really good book, a bag of chips and my fantastic king size sleigh bed. My library card is sacred to me since I'm too cheap to actually buy books. My favorite quote by Emerson is "Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them". (I even have a sweatshirt that says that).
3. I am a Pisces. I love astrology. Now, I don't live my life according to what the newspaper says a Pisces is but I like to read about personality characteristics. Maybe they are right, probably not but its fun.
4. I love old people. There has always been a soft spot in my heart for old people. When I was a kid my step brother and I would ride our bikes to the nearest rest home and go visit some of them. Now, I don't love all old people, just certain ones. My carreer in the Heathcare industry kind of jaded me on old people but now that I don't have to watch them walk down the hall while their depends falls off I really enjoy being around them, listening to stories.
5. I am all about laughing. Because of my #1, laughter is important to me. I can't take life too serious. That is why I love my husband and my kids so much, they make me see life in this light where laughter is much more important.
6. I hate politics.
7. I have a dog but I am not one of those people that goes to Petsmart to get pictures with Santa and their dog. In fact I don't really like my dog too much, we just keep her because the kids are attached.
So there you have it. 7 things about me that will probably change the minute I post this. I guess that could be #8, I can't make decisions.

5 comments:

pamela said...

you make me laugh! that's why i love you! and i think i will never feel bad about my own health again, thinking about your daily battle. you're a trooper.

Rachel said...

Toad your the best! So you really have a sweat shirt that says that huh? You and Michele are totally Iva and Wanda! Take that as a compliment!

michele said...

Bo-Bo Ki-Ki,
I love you. I think you know who you are and what makes you tick(although, that is because you read your horoscope!)

Jack's Handler said...

Hmmm... what do I say to that? I can't think of anything. I can't really mock you, because now everyone feels bad for you and they will show up at my doorstep with torches and picks. You know, mob style.

Sheesh... can't anyone take a joke?

Emily said...

I hear ya on Crohn's being a beast! I am sorry you have to deal with that. My mom had ulcerative colitis for years until eventually having her colon removed and J-pouch surgery. The consistency of her stool was a frequent topic of conversation for a while there.

And ditto on the sacredness of the library card. That thing has saved me hundreds of dollers and substantially reduced the tonage of books that (my) Jeff will have to haul the next time we move!