In the early to mid 90's while I was taking a child development class at Weber State I vaguely remember a bit about lies. I wish I would've paid a little more attention to the professor and what it means when your sweet boy starts telling them every time his mouth opens.
First lie (I really shouldn't number them because I have lost track of ALL of them, I'm only going to tell you two that stand out most in my mind)....
Me picking Garrett up from pre-school
Me: hey gil, how was your day?
Garrett: not so good, I got shot in the forehead with a BB gun.
Me: huh?
Garrett: poko (or Parker) brought his gun to school today and shot me in the head.
Obvious LIE Garrett.
Lie #2: again, me picking up Garrett from school...
Me: hey chooch, how was your day?
Garrett: Not so good, Hugson (Hudson) got really mad and then Miss Evelyn gave him a white slip and he can never come back to school.
(a white slip is something the ELEMENTARY uses when a student gets in big trouble)
Me: What? Hugson can't come back? Ever? Why did he get mad?
Garrett: He got mad cause I'm so fast and I won the race.
Obvious LIE bud. We were right in the middle of a snowstorm and common sense says that races are NOT ran in snowstorms!
okay I checked with his teacher and Hudson did not get in trouble for getting mad. The kid didn't even GET mad.
And now we have Sundays incident:
And this is his reaction when I told him "NO" he couldn't stay home from church, I knew he wasn't telling the truth about being sooooo sick that his lips turned red.
I'm thinking about purchasing a lie detector
5 comments:
i LOVE the way he talks. i'd love him to come over and tell me all about poko and hugson, even if none of it is true.
Ah...he is such a creative little thing! I predict he will become a famous Author. Kind of like the guy who writes the "No..David" books.
i love it! sounds A LOT like Matt!! there is something about boys and their neeed to tell a lie. let me know if you remember anything from you class!!
I think it's hilarious when he gets in the fetus position when he doesn't get his way. He and I share that in common
Jodi, don't worry! When Kaytlin was about 5 she told MANY lies 1 which was to our pediatrician- she said that I threw her down the stairs,and right infront of me too! Which of course it was a total lie! And then about 2 days later we were in Sam's Club and she told a lady in line that was in front of us again right infront of me that her older brother died in a fire. Sooo what I' saying is have comfort... He will grow out of it I promise! All of my children have been little liars before, and pretty much all of them have grown out of it. We are still working on reminding Austin that if it is make believe that he needs to say that before he starts the story, however he still forgets to say that alot!!
Post a Comment