Friday, January 11, 2008

My Napoleon (not Dynamite)

This afternoon I got a taste of what I like to now call "Napoleon Behavior". Gilly threw a royal tantrum because his lunch was not made to his liking (it didn't have enough tomato juice in it or something silly like that). Well as he was going about in his rage (we won't go into detail about his rage) he picked up his cap gun and pointed it at me AND (this is the part that got me into a rage) pulled the trigger! What? So I marched over and snapped the gun in two pieces and threw it away. WARNING: This is what happens when you point your gun at your mom:

(okay, was this to harsh? I'm feeling like the Bully Mom. Especially because after 15minutes in his room he came out and said...."Mom, I still loof you". He then walked over to the garbage can to see his broken gun and quietly returned to his room. Yup, I'm feeling the Bully)

6 comments:

pamela said...

you are totally NOT a bully. i really think you did the right thing. yes he reaction was sad and heartbreaking in and of itself, but i still think you taught him a valuable lesson.

Jack's Handler said...

Yah, What Ms. Trunchbull said.

cathy said...

i would have done the same thing! my kids know that if they ever point a toy at me its a gonner!!!

michele said...

Okay, I am reading this at 4:00am and I am a little punchy. Sorry but I think this is one of the funniest things I have read (or pictured in my head!) When he shot you, did he make a gun noise? I shouldn't laugh but we don't own toy or real guns of any kind in my pink girly house. Thank you for an early morning laugh.

Aunt Dorothy said...

I have always said no guns or swords in my house. However, they turn rulers, pencils, sticks or whatever into weapons. What can you do? You did the right thing. I love your blog.

Jen and Daz said...

You did exactly what I would do Jode! I believe Lee Harvey Oswald did the same thing to his mum. And look how he ended up!!
That's soo funny though.
Daz