Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Map reading 101

So Michele and I started out on our adventure. We were ready to capture images of our husbands as they crossed the finish line and fill the image in our heads of being the perfect wives, cheering them on. As you can clearly see, our trip was marked out with highlighter and we were anticipating a nice 4 hour drive. After about 2 of those hours we decided to pull off the beaten path and take a potty break. After almost purchasing a ream of Alpaca hair for Em (it is really soft and they sold it at the gas station) we were back on the road again only to notice that Twin Falls was just mere miles away. Now I know you can't see my little map below to well but Twin Falls is about two inches west of our highlighted line. What we really needed was a CB. Thankfully we figured things out and got back on the highlighted line but it added an extra 2.5 hours to our trip. bummer. This little lady was in the bathroom of the Alpaca stocked gas station. I'm thinking of getting it framed.
Since we added some extra time to our drive we missed the boys crossing the finish line. This is the only picture I got of Jeff. I think I was too busy wondering if our hotel had a nice comfortable bed (it didn't) to rest my aching bum (I didn't drive the Pilot because we were trying to be economical and the white car gets better gas mileage. The white car is also 13 years old and the seats don't accommodate my bottom like the Pilot but hey, we saved like $2.14 in gas).
Jeff did great by the way. He shaved off time from last years ride but due to how they grouped the relay teams (long explanation here: last year they grouped the relay teams according to how many people were relaying...two guys is one category, three guys is a different category, etc. Well this year they had so many relay teams enter that they just put them all in the same category) his team placed 24th where last year they placed 5th. But overall everyone was quite happy even if they didn't get a free T-shirt like last time.
My favorite: Gill Ave. Maybe we'll move here.

And not to be Connie Complainer here but I picked up Streptococcus from Gilly (not Gilly Ave, Gilly boy) and it hit me hard the morning after the race. So as we were whizzing through Idaho Falls we spotted these big Osprey nests at the top of the power lines. I snapped a pretty good picture in my febrile state. I don't think I want to ride Lotojaho next year. But GO JEFF!

3 comments:

Jen and Daz said...

Well, congrats for knowing what an Ospray nest looks like! Do we need to get you a navagator computer thing in the car that tells you step by step which way to turn? :) It looks like the day was a beauty! And what a fun adventure for you and your sis!!!

pamela said...

oh jodi! so sorry about the detour.

and i know what you mean about bums. why is it we now need to make our bums so comfy?

eek strep!

cathy said...

why are guys always pushing us to drive "their" car. Ryan tells me everyday that his gets way better gas mileage and I should drive it more. I choose comfort over economy. its just who i am!! sorry about the strep, but i am glad your feeling better!