Have you ever done something so Dumb that you question the condition of your mind? Take tonight for example....Jeff is out scouting a good spot to deer hunt and won't be back for a day (which frankly I don't understand, we don't even eat meat around here) and its the kids school carnival. In my mind: Oh we will have so much fun and dad won't be there to put a damper on the spending! Yaaaay!
In reality: Get me the hell out of this demon infested hole.
It started out with a pep talk in the car about no whining and sticking by each other and the great fun that is to be had. 5 minutes later there was much whining and running off and I couldn't find the fun.
We stood in line for face painting for one complete hour (I am alone with no other adult to assist with my hungry children).
The face painting turned out really cute as you can see...
with Em as a cat, Abby with some squiggles, and Gil as a pirate....
A very angry pirate that wiped his face with his hands the second they finished because he was mad (remember we stood in line for an hour for this) and then continued (in his tantrum state) to wipe his face on my NEW white shirt that I chose to wear. Remember as a child when you'd give your sibling an Indian burn by gripping their arm and rubbing it in opposite directions? I wanted to do that to him. Being in this state of mind is bad. It is in this state of mind that I visualize a very small pill some of us know as Xanax.
The thing that pulled me out of it? Seeing this lady who really must like brown. I mean who wears all brown? She could've at least thrown in a pair of white ankle socks to give us some depth.
5 comments:
an indian burn? sheesh, remind me not to get on your bad side ;)
and what is this, disneyland? waiting for an hour for something?
I wish, o how I wish I would have gone with you..
That's my sister.(in the brown.) Just kidding-don't got one of those. OH Gilly-he needs a good kick in the butt. (As we say 'round here.)
i love it when you have this great idea of what your day is going to be like in your head, and it turns out nothing like it! when i asked, the kids did say they had a great time.
You have just reinforced my refusal to go to any school carnivals for the past 5 years, despite the whining that I am the meanest mom and my kids will be the only ones in their classes the next day that didn't go. Thank you from the bottom of my stone cold heart!
Post a Comment