Friday, September 12, 2008

Who Dunnit?

Me: Um, Garrett, would you please come here? Did you do this?
G: Nope.
Me: If you didn't do it than who did? Jason? Don't even try that one on pal.
G: I fink it was Jack.
Me: Come on buddy, Jack hasn't even been over to our house, you did this didn't you?
G: Nope, I didn't do that mom.
Me: Do you know what happens when we lie? We get a big black mark up in heaven. You don't want a black mark do you?
G: I really like black mom. But I didn't do it.

And its still on the door because I can't bring myself to scrub it off.

6 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Toad I am laughing so hard! Mom must have always told us that we would get black marks, because that is what I tell my kids!

JOHNICA said...

Love that kid...

pamela said...

i fink it was cooper - he pulled the same trick at my house.

and how do you teach your kids the truth? i have a couple of "liars" on my hands.

lisa said...

Oh....ground that boy. Coops HAS found out how much fun coloring on the walls, doors, sisters' bedspreads is, so honestly--maybe he DID do it...

Jill said...

I was just showing this to David. Thank you, I think he has a new understanding about telling lies and getting black marks. He said, "I don't want a black mark, that is SOOOO bad."

Heidi said...

I'm going to have to try the black mark idea for my liar. I love how they think they can out-think the mom. Of course you'll believe the friend that hasn't been there in a week did it today. What's wrong with you?