Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gilly and his friend Hey-suess


Last night I was at YW when I remembered something I needed Jeff to do so I called home from the phone at the Church. At home we have a phone that has a talking caller ID but it only says what is displayed on the screen so when I called it looked like this: Church of Jesus. Gilly heard it and thought Jesus was calling so he answered: "Hi Jesus". I think he was more than disappointed to hear me cracking up on the other end. Now fast forward to this afternoon.....after a long trip to the store and running different errands Gill wanted to go to Toys Are Us. I said NO, he stuck his tongue out at me and I told him that we for sure weren't going to get a toy with that behavior. He then said (while looking up at the sky) :
Gilly: Jesus, my mom is the meanest mom!
Me: uhh, who are you talking to?
Gilly: Mom, I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to my friend Jesus.
And then thankfully he fell asleep.
I guess Jesus is my friend to.

3 comments:

pamela said...

jesus calls me all the time. i'm always sooo nervous. at least we have caller id to warn us.

lisa said...

Hee Hee...I love that kid! Him, Liam and Coops would be dangerous together!

Jen and Daz said...

Oh boy is he going to be just like his dad!!! This is so funny! What a friend we all have in Jesus! :)