Friday, May 2, 2008

Public Transportation




So we took the new Frontrunner this Wednesday evening to SLC to meet Jeff and have some dinner. Family Fun at its finest. Let me make this clear....I am not a fan of public transportation when 1. its free, and 2. it involves the public. We arrived thinking we would get a seat (we even thought we'd get one on top, Ha!) and have a pleasurable ride. It was packed like sardines and most of the seats were taken up by either 3 year olds or teenagers, not a one of them willing to give up their seat for the old man standing beside me or the pregnant lady squished between me and the kids. I learned my lesson....Free public transportation=the communities finest. Well, at least dinner was good.

6 comments:

Jen and Daz said...

Looks like the kids had a blast! Hahaha! I've heard nothing but great things about the new train! Well...and that every cheap mother in Utah with kids had been taking the free rides. (Not suggesting you are cheap at all!) What mom's don't do to show the kids some fun! :) At least dinner was yummy! Does this mean that you won't go with us when we come home?

pamela said...

oh man. see what they're like? those mormons?

where did you eat?

jodi said...

jen...we will do ANYTHING with you guys (as long as its not free) when you come home. Uh, when are you coming?


Pam....I feel for you honey, your all I thought about the entire time we were standing (that would be from Layton to SLC).

Jill said...

We heard it was running. David can't wait to take a ride. Are the free days over so it will be enjoyable and we can ride on the top? We don't want the pleasurable experience you had. It always amazes me the people that come out of the woodwork when something is free. You never see the likes of them any other time, except maybe at walmart.

cathy said...

i'll get ryan to sneak some coins so that we can go when times are better. oh, when Rachel and I went on Wed, we gave up our seats for a pregnant lady....i will always think of Pam when i see prego ladies standing!!!not a single guy offered to give up their seats....men can be kinda dumb!

lisa said...

Sounds interesting...but I don't know if we're ready to branch out yet. At least not while it's free..